Master's Program Costs and Housing


Program Costs

The estimated total cost for attending our master's programs for the 2024-2025 academic year is detailed on the webpage links below. The standard graduate tuition rate for the 2024-2025 academic year is $1,945 (U.S.) per credit hour.

Tuition and fees are subject to change at the discretion of Syracuse University. The 2025-2026 cost of attendance will be posted in the middle of Spring 2025. The following web pages have additional details:


Cost of Attendance International Graduate Students

Cost of Attendance Domestic Graduate Students

Bursar's Policies Bulletin

Financial aid is available to full-time master's students at Syracuse University, primarily offered in the form of scholarships, fellowships, assistantships and loans.


Off-Campus Housing


There is no on-campus housing available for graduate students. We recommend students use the Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services (OCCS) as a resource when searching for off-campus housing. The OCCS is designed to help students with the transition into Syracuse University and the broader community and to continue to assist them until graduation. The OCCS provides information on everything related to off-campus living -- from transportation, apartment hunting and leasing to healthy living, recycling and safety. This information and more can be found on the OCCS portal.

For any questions involving off-campus living or commuting, contact the Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services at or (315) 443-5489.

Merit-Based Financial Support and Student Employment Opportunities


Whitman School of Management Scholarships

All Whitman School scholarships are awarded based on merit and the qualifications shown on a student's admission application. Applicants are not required to apply separately for merit-based scholarships.


External Scholarships and Fellowships

Applicants are encouraged to apply for the numerous scholarships and fellowships from foundations and other privately endowed sources, including state and federal awards. Consult the Annual Register of Grant Support, Peterson's Grants for Graduate Study, and the Grants Register, which can be found in most libraries and college placement offices in the United States. International students are encouraged to contact their individual government's education ministry office for information about funding for study in the United States.




Whitman Student Assistants

Student assistants (SA) are paid at an hourly rate of $16 per hour and are required to work between five and 20 hours per week during the academic year. SAS assist faculty in their grading and research. The individual faculty make hiring decisions at the beginning of each semester.


Syracuse University Campus Employment

All students are eligible for on-campus employment at Syracuse University. Job postings are listed here. 


Employment Information for International Students

Immigration regulations limit part-time employment opportunities for international students. If you have an F-1 visa, you may work on campus without permission from U.S. immigration. You must get a statement from Syracuse University's Center for International Services indicating you can work part-time on campus during the academic year and full-time during holidays and summers. The University's payroll department uses this statement.

Usually, international students with F-1 visas may not be employed off campus during the first calendar year. After the first year (12 months), you may apply to U.S. immigration for permission to work off campus if you can prove an unexpected political or monetary crisis has caused changes in your financial circumstances. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security issues an Employment Authorization Document as proof of employment eligibility if approved.

If you have an exchange visitor (J-1) visa, your sponsor may give you permission to work on or off campus. You'll need to request a letter of permission from your sponsor to be used by employers to authorize employment.

To ask about permission for employment, either on- or off-campus, and to find out the current regulations about proof of employability, contact Syracuse University's Lillian and Emanuel Slutzker Center for International Services, 310 Walnut Place; 315-443-2457 or


Loan Programs


Federal Unsubsidized Loans

The lender is the U.S. Department of Education. Eligibility is determined by the information you submit on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and U.S. Department of Education regulations. 


Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan

The Graduate PLUS Loan is a federally-backed program by the U.S. government. This loan is largely dependent on the borrower's credit rating and history. Repayment is deferred while students are attending school at least half-time. Applicants for this program must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All applicants must be sure to instruct the processor to send a processed copy to Syracuse University by filling in the school code of 002882.  


Alternative Loan Programs

Loan programs offered by private organizations are available to U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents to supplement other forms of financial aid. It is not necessary to file a FAFSA for these programs.

International students may borrow under these programs provided that they have a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident living in the United States.

For more information, visit Syracuse University's Financial Aid website.


Government Aid

Veterans Benefits

Veterans Administration Education benefits give qualified veterans and their dependents a monthly stipend. For more information on this program, visit the Veterans Resource Center at 700 University Ave. or go to


Other Government Aid

Other programs for which students may qualify are Office of Vocational Rehabilitation benefits, Parent and Student Savings Plan, State Aid to Native Americans, and U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs Aid to American Indians. Applicants should consult the appropriate government offices for further information on these programs.