Undergraduate Academic Forms

    Make sure you have the forms and information you need. The chart below has detailed information for the process to complete each form. Some forms are available online (follow the link); while you will need to pick up others at our office in Suite 215. Watch the deadlines, and be sure to consult the Academic Calendar for the most up-to-date information.



    Regular semester courses can be dropped on MySlice through the academic/financial drop deadline.

    Flex courses require an add/drop form, available in Whitman Suite 215.

    Obtain signature from the course instructor (flex courses only).

    Sign and submit the form to Whitman Suite 215 for home college signature.

    Grading (Pass/Fail)

    Go to eForms, accessed through MySlice

    Click Pass/Fail eform

    Be sure to have your class numbers/information ready and submit on Myslice.

    An advisor will only reach out to you if there is an issue.  Otherwise, the form will be moved along for processing.

    Major Declaration (Whitman Major)

    Go to eForms, accessed through MySlice.

    Click Declare Major eform.

    Submit details to add Whitman major(s).

    The form will be electronically submitted to the advisor/Whitman for approval and processing.

    The change will not be reflected in your MySlice/DegreeWorks until approved and processed.

    Major Declaration (Non-Whitman Major)

    Complete the major declaration pdf form.

    Submit to major department for approval.

    Return to Whitman academic advisor for processing.

    Minor Declaration

    Print and complete the form.

    Obtain the signature of the minor coordinator

    Sign and submit the form to Whitman Suite 215 for processing.

    Proposal for Independent Study

    1. Print and complete the form.

    2. Obtain signatures from the faculty sponsor and department chair.

    3. Sign and submit the form to Whitman Suite 215 for home college signature.

    Transfer Credit Petition

    Print and complete the form.

    Attach course description and/or syllabi.

    Sign and submit to Whitman Suite 215 for home college signature

    Leave of Absence/University Withdrawal

    Meet with your advisor in Whitman Suite 215 to discuss the details of your leave. 

    Ask your advisor to process the leave on MySlice.

    Application for Readmission

    Submit the online application.  Applications must be submitted by the deadline for the respective semester.  To return in a fall semester, deadline is August 1st.  To return  in a spring semester, deadline is December 1st.

    Petition to Faculty 


    Print and complete the form. Be as specific as possible when describing your request.

    Attach any supporting documentation, and determine which signatures you need.

    Obtain necessary signatures, and return to Whitman Suite 215 to be reviewed.

    Pick up a copy of your petition to determine whether it has been approved or denied.